Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Skin Care

Sat down after a long day of basking in the sun and thought I'd post a little blog about how important skincare is. 

Enjoying a nice cup of tea with some natural blueberry yogurt

The Importance of Sun Cream

"Skin damage from sunlight builds up with continued exposure, whether sunburn occurs or not. In addition to skin cancer and sunburn, other effects can include wrinkling, premature aging, and in time, an almost leathery appearance of the skin. Research also suggests that excessive exposure to UV radiation may interfere with the body's immune system." 

D8

To block any harmful solar emissions, sunscreens employ a mix of organic and inorganic ingredients that either reflect, scatter or absorb the radiation and dissipate it as heat.

You can read more about the importance of sun cream HERE

I use factor 50+ myself....that is because I dont tan...I burn.
Very Easily.


General Skin Care

Today I got to restock all my skin care products to keep the spots away and to stop my skin from appearing oily. 

My teddy TQ is here to show you all my skin products.
He comes from Iraq so he knows how intense the weather can be against your skin
:D


As you can see from the picture above that all my products are good for sensitive skin. This is important for me as my skin can react to anything added into lotions and gels. 

Got a big bag of cotton balls in Tesco for €2.00. These are great to use with any skin products.
Very gentle on the skin.

First up is my Aveno Moisturizing Cream, I find the Aveno range excellent to keep your skin hydrated. Especially for someone with Eczema like myself.
I bought this in Boots, Galway for €10.69

I also bought a couple of different Simple Products. 
Simple Cleansing Lotion and Facial Toner were bought in Tesco Galway for €3.99 each
But today I got these at buy 1 get free  :D

Also got a couple of packets of Simple Face Wipes which are important to use for cleaning your face and to remove make up.
These were also bought in Tesco for €4.19 each.
But again, today was buy 1 get 1 free!

Happy Days!

I also have Tea Tree Foot Wash and Lotion.
It's important to take care of the skin on your feet also. You dont want them to crack and dry out. 
I got these as a gift in a skin care set awhile back so I dont have a price or location to buy them but you can usually buy these in any pharmacy with a good skin care selection.


Well thats all for now but I hope that this might have helped anyone with super sensitive skin like myself to get an idea of a couple of products to use. 

G'Night All 

ColourfuLoser





No comments:

Post a Comment